[Development] Adding Qt CoAP

jedrzej.nowacki at qt.io jedrzej.nowacki at qt.io
Mon Sep 4 16:04:24 CEST 2017

On Monday, September 4, 2017 9:14:37 AM CEST Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Saturday, 2 September 2017 16:54:03 -03 Jędrzej Nowacki wrote:
> > On piątek, 1 września 2017 08:38:19 CEST Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > > I'm also wondering if we shouldn't have a bigger repo for IoT-related
> > > things,  instead of creating a small one for each thing.
> >
> > Currently, from CI and releasing perspective heaving dozen of small repos
> > is easier and faster. All these modules are quite distinct, so joining
> > them would not give any adventage to our users nor us apart of a good
> > feeling of grouping things together.
>
> Except if one depends on the other. In which case we can't start adding
> features until qt5 integrates and that usually takes about two weeks happen.
>
> Anyway, there aren't any dependencies expected so far (aside from DTLS,
> which  should be in QtNetwork).

True, but we can re-evaluate if it is not working, modularization is harder in
general as it requires some code changes. Regarding the "two weeks" delay, it
is mostly a social problem, as we can not agree on how often qt5 submodule
update should happen, the status quo is kept and it happens randomly and on a
request.

  Jędrek