[Development] QtWebKit is coming back (part 2)

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Thu Sep 7 09:44:58 CEST 2017

On Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2017 16:13:05 CEST Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

> 27.07.2017, 16:41, "Martin Koller" <kollix at aon.at>:
> > On Dienstag, 25. Juli 2017 14:20:28 CEST Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> >
> >>  >> You can compile with GCC 4.8 if IndexedDB and FTL JIT are disabled. However this brings a
> >>  >> degradation of user experience, especially in case of IndexedDB which was supported
> >>  >> in previous versions. Therefore you have 3 options:
> >>  >>
> >>  >> 1) Disable these features and build limited version using GCC 4.8;
> >>  >
> >>  > that brings us to the second part of my question which was not answered: how ?
> >>  > Is there any qmake or env var I can set ?
> >>
> >>  Pass -DENABLE_FTL_JIT=OFF -DENABLE_INDEXED_DATABASE=OFF
> >>  -DENABLE_DATABASE_PROCESS=OFF to cmake arguments
> >>
> >>  You should not use qmake in your package, look at [1] for example.
> >>
> >>  [1] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/qt5-qtwebkit.git/tree/qt5-qtwebkit.spec

It also seems that it requires a too new ICU devel package (at least for CentOS 7.3), that is
I need to deactivate INTL by using -DENABLE_INTL=OFF

Can you tell us what I actually disable with that switch, e.g.: what does no longer work ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin

/\                        - against proprietary attachments