[Development] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 05.09.2017

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Sep 19 16:49:58 CEST 2017

On Tuesday, 19 September 2017 03:02:16 PDT Edward Welbourne wrote:
> OK, but I infer there's no harm in including them in the list of tokens
> the script already ignores - explicit, Q_ALWAYS_INLINE, Q_DECL_NOTHROW
> before the new additions.  How about Q_REQUIRED_RESULT ?

The problem with Q_DECL_NOTHROW is that it once added, it cannot be removed.
There's also the choice: we choose to add it only to functions that (in
addition to neevr throwing) are wide contract. So we should see it and review
that kind of change.

Q_ALWAYS_INLINE, however, has no bearing in ABI. It's a purely optimisation
feature and can be added or removed at will.

Q_REQUIRED_RESULT being moved to the beginning of the line was a very
restricted change. There was exactly one commit affecting about 20 functions,
that's all.