[Development] Using private API for qt-based library

iman ahmadvand iman72411 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 10:29:39 CEST 2017

Hi every one.
I'm developing a set of specialized opensource widgets in c++ (called
MaterialWidgets which is google material design implementation)
Now i want to use private API for this library to prevent re implementing a
bunch of logics behind those widgets.

What is your suggestion ?
As this lib depends on Qt, is it a bad idea to use private parts ?
Do you have other good design practice for me ?

For a showcase
<https://github.com/qt/qtbase/blob/dev/src/widgets/widgets/qabstractscrollarea_p.h#L76>
need to access QAbstractScrollAreaPrivate::scrollBarContainers->layout and
remove scrollbars from QAbstractScrollArea::viewport in my implementation.

Regards.