[Development] Using private API for qt-based library

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Sep 26 18:51:29 CEST 2017

On terça-feira, 26 de setembro de 2017 09:28:25 PDT Fabrice Salvaire wrote:
> Le 25/09/2017 à 10:56, Viktor Engelmann a écrit :
> > On 25.09.2017 10:29, iman ahmadvand wrote:
> >> Hi every one.
> >> I'm developing a set of specialized opensource widgets in c++ (called
> >> MaterialWidgets which is google material design implementation)
> >> Now i want to use private API for this library to prevent re
> >> implementing a bunch of logics behind those widgets.
> >>
> >> What is your suggestion ?
> >
> > don't
>
> Sure, but in some particular cases, we have no choice when Qt don't
> expose the API

You do have a choice. Multiple, even. The first and simplest: don't do what
you're trying to do.

Second, you can also add public API to allow what you're asking. See my other
email sent to the interest mailing list.

The third option is to import the code you're developing into Qt. Then you are
allowed to use the private API.