[Development] Pointer Handlers will be Tech Preview in 5.10

Tor Arne Vestbø tor.arne.vestbo at qt.io
Thu Sep 28 13:05:05 CEST 2017

On 27/09/2017 21:18, J-P Nurmi wrote:
>> On 27 Sep 2017, at 21:08, Jean-Michaël Celerier
>> <jeanmichael.celerier at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Why not just Drag, Tap, Pinch ? (for Drag it'd have to be in a
>> different namespace than the actual QtQuick.Drag though)
>>
>> Best,
>

> +1 for such Qt Quick style short and concise naming. :) This proposal
> was previously shot down because of the conflict with Drag, though.

-1. Declaring a Drag or Tap in your QML doesn't make sense, as the drag
and tap are ephemeral, while the QML structure is not.

What we're talking about here is a GestureRecognizer with an onTapped
handler.

If we can't have a generic GestureRecognizer type with dynamic
recognizer behavior based on which handler callback is bound, then it
should be TapGestureRecognizer, DragGestureRecognizer, etc.

tor arne