[Development] To improve UX of the online installer

Henry Skoglund fromqt at tungware.se
Tue Apr 3 02:29:37 CEST 2018

Hi, excellent initiative, a better MaintenanceTool UX would also improve
the general opinion of Qt I think.

Just one to add 2 things to Sze Howe's list:

8c. For the users that, in search of a 32-bit MSVC2017-flavored Qt
version, downloads the UWP x86 (MSVC 2017) version of Qt, and then tries
to run it on Windows 7: please explain that the UWP stuff only runs on
Windows 10.

11. Please make 'Update components' the default selection once you've
logged in, or 'Add or remove components'. Anything but 'Remove all
components' !!!

Rgrds Henry