[Development] Conventions for using qmlRegisterType in qtdeclarative

Tomasz Olszak olszak.tomasz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 11:00:59 CEST 2018

Hello,
In [1] Michael Brasser pointed out that I should introduce new
revision after adding new property to QQmlLoggingCategory.

First question:
1. Why in [2] QQuickTextInput is registered for versions > 9 with
revision 0? I would expect that it should be registered with revision
9 for imports >= 2.9. Am I missing something?
2. What is the convention regarding revisions? What should be
QQmlLoggingCategory::defaultLogLevel revision if I add the property in
Qt 5.12 (1 or 12)

I would like to kindly ask someone experienced in this area to review [1]

[1] https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/224198
[1] https://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtdeclarative/src/quick/items/qquickitemsmodule.cpp.html

Thanks in advance