[Development] Fornux C++ Superset

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Apr 24 04:34:37 CEST 2018

On Monday, 23 April 2018 18:46:05 PDT Phil Bouchard wrote:
> >> - QML is an interpreted language thus it can be reverse engineered and
> >> plagiarized quite easily.
> >
> > There's a QML compiler.
>
> Which is great but does it compile the Javascript code as well?

Yes, to an extent.

> Remember when Wordperfect kept crashing in Windows 3.1 for some strange
> reason back in the days? People ended up using MS Word. The same with
> Netscape...

There are a lot of reasons why people chose MS Word, not just crashes on
Wordperfect. Not to mention that Word crashes too.

> >> I have a solution that solves those problems and it's called: "Fornux
> >
> >> C++ Superset":
> > I doubt it.
>
> As you know I have tested it with a much more complex software called:
> "libarchive" and it works flawlessly:
> https://github.com/philippeb8/libarchive/commit/5858b5c047301123ffdf05f247f7
> d191829d5a9b

My point is: I doubt that you have solved all crashes. You have not. Your
framework may be a huge improvement over a lot of techniques people use today,
but your claims are not believable. You should be more precise in your
wording.

> >> - Fornux C++ Superset harnesses the power of Clang.
> >
> > Does it mean other compilers are not supported? That's a showstopper.
>
> No it's just a Clang-based layer that injects complex C++ code into
> existing C & C++98 projects. You can use any C++11 compiler to compile
> the resulting code.

So I need Clang to parse my code. Will it parse Microsoft headers properly?