[Development] Fornux C++ Superset

Phil Bouchard philippeb8 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 14:20:39 CEST 2018

On 04/27/2018 04:18 AM, Edward Welbourne wrote:
> Phil Bouchard <philippeb8 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> And I put Qt on top of the list because you already have all the
>>> necessary layers to jump start to the next level.
>
> Phil Bouchard (27 April 2018 00:06)
>> What I meant by that is Qt could create the ultimate “holodeck” with a
>> mixture of:
>> - Virtual reality headsets
>> - WebAssembly
>> - Qt / QML supporting 3D effects
>
> Well, those are all, in some sense, on their way.

Nice...

>> - Some external AI engine
>
> We might just leave the folk with the AI engines to work out how to use
> Qt to give them nice UIs.

Definitely.

>> - Fornux C++ Superset
>
> Nothing as yet persuades me that we need this one.  Of course, once your
> compiler can handle Qt's C++ code, you'll be at liberty to combine the
> first three above with whatever you like, including your favourite AI
> engine.

I'm just trying to help speeding up development here.

>> I think that’s much better than wasting your time supporting Python or
>> Javascript that can be easily reverse engineered because of their
>> interpreted nature.
>
> Your obsession with not being easy to reverse engineer suggests you
> don't really understand the nature of Free Software; our source code is
> publicly available, so who would need to reverse-engineer it ?
> We gladly share it and save them the bother,

I'm referring to Qt's customers who wants to release commercial apps;
they won't like to know part of their code can be deciphered.
Performance does play a role as well; you don't want to bottleneck the
app with any garbage collector at all.

Regards,
-Phil