[Development] Symbol clashes with static Qt libraries

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Wed Aug 1 15:45:20 CEST 2018

Alright, so it seems we have to prefix the symbols we can't hide by static or anonymous namespaces ...

For logging categories, I'd like to start using 'qlc' as prefix. See also change https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/235631/ for qtbase.

Ossi pointed out in the review that, because it is a private symbol, the 'qt_' prefix would be more correct. Anyhow, that just gets too long ... So I'm asking whether anybody objects making an exception for logging categories.

Regards

Kai