[Development] About 3D desktop.

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 22:08:09 CEST 2018

Thank you both for the info.
I've been thinking about a desktop in the form of a cube, simular like
the 3D cube ysed by KDE. This cube is only activated by the switching
of the desktop (1->2) for example, and the ctrl-F11 key, sooming out
of the cube.
That cube is - I think -  the basis for a good 3D desktop. The current
desktop effects disappear when going back to the default state, I want
them to be visible always.
It's required to have a perspective of some kind, and coordinates like:
- x (distand from left under corner horizontally)
- y (distand from left under corner vertically)
- z (depth from the "front")

There are already rules to go from these 3d coordinates (x, y, z) to 2d
(xx, yy).
When doing so, it should be possible to put windows "futher" away, and
get the window closer by moving the window to you, or closer by going
closer yourself, possibly passing other windows.
Other visual effects like a 3d presentation of the network would be
very nice. And I don't think that heavy hardware is required.

Maybe we should start a project somewhere, do you agree?

Stef