[Development] Closing issues automatically with new keyword

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at qt.io
Tue Aug 7 21:27:14 CEST 2018

On Tue, Aug 07, 2018 at 04:06:38PM +0200, Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> On tirsdag 7. august 2018 14.14.56 CEST Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/admin/repos/plugins/hooks-jira ?
> > did your investigation reveal that it's unsalvagably bad?
>
> I guess it could work, it can close issues,

well, obviously. that's the preferred approach, because the gerrit-based
trigger is easier to get reliable than an external script.

> but it doesn't have any idea about versions. I just looked at the code
> now.

your script should be integrated then.

> > https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/admin/repos/plugins/its-jira
>
> I'd really like to get the fix version set, so that we can generate change
> logs more easily when it comes to fixed issues for each release.

yes, me as well. if that feature is missing in the plugin, let's
contribute it - this really looks like something everyone would want.