[Development] Closing issues automatically with new keyword

Alex Blasche alexander.blasche at qt.io
Thu Aug 9 08:39:16 CEST 2018

From: Development <development-bounces+alexander.blasche=qt.io at qt-project.org> on behalf of Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>

>Suggestion: use the x.y release and when we make that release, we rename it in
>JIRA.

That is the current approach and it does not work or scale. Between branching time and release time is a fairly long time. By then the x.y branch contains already x.y.(z+1) fixes (assuming the latest release branch is x.y.z). It is a big pita going through the issues figuring out which is where. I tried this for some time and found it a waste of time.

A better approach might be to have some flag in the gerrit/git system that announces that the last merge for x.y.z was done. The script could then automatically mark fixes targeting the x.y branch as x.y.(z+1)

--
Alex