[Development] unified data model API in QtCore => thin wrapper proposal

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Aug 17 19:48:54 CEST 2018

On Friday, 17 August 2018 08:13:21 PDT Tor Arne Vestbø wrote:
> > Now, looking at the code, I don't think it does work. I thought that
> > QCborValue::operator[] returned QCborValueRefs, but it doesn't. Adding a
> > set of non-const overloads returning QCborValueRef might be the trick.
> That would be great to have as part of the API yes

I won't have time to experiment with it before feature freeze. Technically,
the API freeze doesn't happen until Beta, so we have a few more weeks, but I
wouldn't hold my hopes up that I will have time to trial this.

Any chance you can give it a go? Or someone else?

> > And it's a trick we can add to QJsonValue too.
>
> That would be great, but I think it was kind of tricky with the current
> design of QJsonValue.

Fair enough. My long-term goal is to replace the QJsonDocument internals with
QCborContainerPrivate. That way, the conversion from JSON to CBOR is O(1) and
the conversion backwards is just a validation.