[Development] Scatter plots (individual colours)

Jose Fernandez Navarro jc.fernandez.navarro.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 15:09:08 CEST 2018

Hello Qt developers,

I am wondering if there are plans to make QtDataVisualization
and QtCharts support individual colours/values for the data items.

I am very grateful to Qt and its developers but with all my respect
providing a data visualisation library that does not support assignation of individual colours/values
for the data points and conversely having colour scales makes the library very limited
for real scenarios. One could create multiple series as a hack but this becomes unfeasible
when the number of colours is high.

Of course, one can use QOpenGLWidget or Qt3D to build customise visualisations but I believe
these features are pretty much a must for visualisation libraries (specially scatter plots).

Thanks to the community for an excellent work maintaining and improving Qt.

ps: hope I am not using the wrong mail list :)

Best,
Jose