[Development] Qt infra "weekly" report

Tony Sarajärvi tony.sarajarvi at qt.io
Mon Dec 3 09:28:24 CET 2018

Hi

State of the CI

  *   We're still running Ubuntu 17.10. The upgrade to 18.04 is delayed due to release schedules where we don't want to risk anything.
  *   To get rid of downtime while switching over to 18.04, we'll create a second CI network where we prepare everything for a quick switch over when time is due. If something goes bad, we can always then switch back immediately.
  *   The vmx instructions aren't available for macOS VMs anymore. This is a bit of a mystery that we will try to solve right away.

Update of openNebula

  *   Version 5.6.1 of openNebula doesn't seem to work as intended with its file transfer modes. So we'll only upgrade to the last patch release of 5.4 branch.

The CI will move over to the new firewall tomorrow, if everything goes as planned.

The mailing list are acting up. Among other problems o365 considers the mails as spam whereas gmail doesn't. IT is working on these issues.

The expansion of the Compellent is coming up as well. This should just happen in the background without downtime.

Cheers!
-Tony