[Development] Another integer typedef OR how to prepare for 64-bit in Qt 5

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Dec 4 03:38:24 CET 2018

On Monday, 3 December 2018 09:43:00 PST Giuseppe D'Angelo via Development
wrote:
> Yes, indeed. The number of warnings raised in user projects makes me a
> bit uncomfortable with the plan, that's why I was asking if someone had
> already done a test.

If you really want to do this, you can always patch qglobal.h where qsizetype
is defined. Since this is a binary-incompatible build anyway, you'll have to
always rebuild from source, so patching is not a huge step to require.

Whether we support that or not is a different story. A lot of code will assume
that sizeof(qsizetype) == sizeof(quintptr) and that might break if you patch
Qt.