[Development] Build system for Qt 6

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Fri Dec 7 21:48:36 CET 2018

Am 05.12.2018 um 22:09 schrieb Kyle Edwards via Development:
> Our hope is that the Qt development community will help us find ways to
> make CMake even better, perhaps by incorporating some ideas from the
> existing build infrastructure. We look forward to your feedback.

One really nice feature what I miss in cmake is the '-project' option
from qmake. Basically it scans the current directory, adds all sources,
headers and ui-files and creates a small .pro file out of it. It's a
very convenient feature when you just want to compile a small test
project. Creating an initial CMakeLists.txt from scratch takes much
longer and therefore this is the only place where I use qmake (outside
the qt sources)
Maybe this can be added - simply read the current directory and pass the
files found to a template CMakeLists.txt to create the project type you
want - I assume not all ant to get a Qt project when such a feature
would be added to cmake... :)

Thx,
Christian