[Development] QProcess doesn't run cmd.exe

Henry Skoglund fromqt at tungware.se
Sat Dec 8 13:47:40 CET 2018

On 2018-12-08 05:12, Jed Evnull wrote:
> I'm attempting to open a cmd.exe console in Windows using Qt 5.11x. The
> code fragment below works reliably for Windows 10 and Windows 8x.
> However, for Windows 7 what appears to be a console window just blinks
> and goes away. I've tried modifying the argument to just call cmd.exe
> (no .bat file) and also included the full path to cmd.exe, neither
> change mattered.
>
> |QProcessp;p.setProgram("cmd.exe");p.setArguments({"/k",QDir::currentPath()+"/cpath.bat"});p.setCreateProcessArgumentsModifier([](QProcess::CreateProcessArguments*args){args->flags
> &=~CREATE_NO_WINDOW;});p.startDetached();|
>
> |I've asked this question elsewhere and have gotten no responses. Please
> help!|

Hi, QProcess I think uses CreateProcess on Windows and that API has
stayed the same since at least Windows XP, so Windows 7 should behave
the same as versions 8 or 10.

Perhaps the anti-virus program on your Windows 7 dislikes launching
cmd.exe, try disabling it. Also, try creating a new, vanilla Qt Console
Application in Qt Creator and see if that runs.

Rgrds Henry