[Development] Public Font API and Qml Scene

Fabrice Salvaire fabrice.salvaire at orange.fr
Tue Dec 11 22:50:07 CET 2018

Dear all,

I am investigating how to reimplement something similar to
QtGraphicScene on QML.

Actually I made a quick prototype using QPainter API, which offer a
black box to render a scene texture either on software or on OpenGL.  I
don't know the drawbacks of this approach but it just works.

However I noted a big issue if I want to implement my own scene painting
engine using OpenGL (later Vulkan) API. I don't want to have to deal too
much with fonts since Qt already have the code to do that. Unfortunately
the public Qt API don't expose such font API if I am right.

Regards,

Fabrice