[Development] CMake && QtCreator cross-compilation for ARM fails

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 04:36:24 CET 2018

On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 at 01:59, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> >> This is a bug that was already fixed by:
> >> https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/merge_requests/2668
> >
> > Apparently it will make it into 3.14, in 2 months.
> > It's a bummer to have to maintain a work around, or should i add cmake
> > to my toolkit, so that i can keep track of patches?
>
> Technically, the simplest workaround would be to just not use Windows as the
> build host for cross compilation. :-)

That's a no-go, most of our developers use Windows.

> But I guess producing a cmake.exe with
> the patch backported or from a git snapshot as a one-off workaround, or even
> just pointing to the nightly snapshot binaries from:
> https://cmake.org/files/dev/?C=M;O=D
> would be the easiest workaround to put in place.

Yes that could be a possibility, the only issue with that is i cannot
use `cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.xy)` to make sure developers use
the right version.
And once 3.14 is released, i won't have any ways to check if
developers uses 3.14 'special' or 3.14 'official'.

Chris