[Development] Final downmerge from dev to '5.11' done

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Tue Feb 6 12:45:40 CET 2018


Final downmerge from 'dev' to '5.11' is now done and Qt 5.11 FF is officially in effect. From now on 'dev' is for Qt 5.12 and we will continue finalizing Qt 5.11 in '5.11'. 

Overall release schedule can be found from release wiki (https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5.11_Release). Plan is to get alpha out as soon as possible; hoping that will happen earlier than planned. Target is to release it immediately after qt5.git integration succeed in '5.11' and when we have created and RTA tested needed packages.

Please update Qt 5.11 new features wiki (https://wiki.qt.io/New_Features_in_Qt_5.11) now.

From: Jani Heikkinen
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 12:57 PM
To: Jani Heikkinen; development at qt-project.org
Cc: releasing at qt-project.org
Subject: Final downmerge from dev to '5.11' delayed

Hi all,

Most probably there is changes in 'dev' which should be in Qt 5.11 but which aren't yet integrated because of CI issues recently. That's why let's postpone final downmerge (and Qt 5.11 FF) to the end of this week. New plan is to have final downmerge from 'dev' to '5.11' (and Qt 5.11 FF) Monday 5.2.2018 (morning).

Hoping CI will behave now and you have enough time to get needed changes in before final downmerge. And remember: This delay is just to get changes in, not for getting extra time for new implementation!


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Development [mailto:development-bounces+jani.heikkinen=qt.io at qt-
> project.org] On Behalf Of Jani Heikkinen
> Sent: torstai 25. tammikuuta 2018 8.58
> To: development at qt-project.org
> Cc: releasing at qt-project.org
> Subject: [Development] Branching from 'dev' to '5.11' started
> Hi,
> We have now soft branched '5.11' from dev so please start using '5.11' now. Qt
> 5.11 feature freeze and final downmerge from 'dev' to '5.11' will happen Wed
> 31.1.2018 so there is still enough time to finalize ongoing changes in 'dev'.
> And let's keep the feature freeze now, it is key enabler for us to be able to keep
> the release schedule. So it is time to check if new feature can be finalized early
> enough for the feature freeze. If not then we should just postpone it to Qt 5.12
> instead of trying to get it in Qt 5.11.
> br,
> Jani Heikkinen
> Release Manager
> _______________________________________________
> Development mailing list
> Development at qt-project.org
> http://lists.qt-project.org/mailman/listinfo/development

More information about the Development mailing list