[Development] Qt branches & proposal how to continue with those

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Feb 9 07:52:35 CET 2018

André Pönitz wrote:
> I think you need to start differentiating between Qt-without-Webengine
> and QtWebengine.
>
> And maybe "we" should do that, too.

I would be entirely in favor of separate (more frequent and/or more aligned
with Chromium security fixes) QtWebEngine releases. I am already updating
QtWebEngine in Fedora on a separate schedule from the core Qt updates (with
the intent of delivering security updates faster), so it would not be a
problem for me if the releases were entirely separate. And it would surely
get security fixes delivered in a more timely manner.

        Kevin Kofler