[Development] Suggestion: switch binary builds to OpenSSL 1.1 in Qt 5.11

Andy Shaw andy.shaw at qt.io
Fri Feb 9 09:45:38 CET 2018

I have had some people upgrading to 1.1 and asking us why it doesn’t work, so we have told them to downgrade explaining why. I think it is the right thing to do with the upgrade to 1.1, but I just want to try and prevent people overwriting their existing version if they are using older versions of Qt still so it doesn’t get in the way of that. They just need to make sure they install OpenSSL 1.1 to a different location then.

Andy