[Development] 32bit linux build of qt5.10.0 w/ webengine

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jan 3 20:30:26 CET 2018

On Wednesday, 3 January 2018 16:02:33 -02 Toan Pham wrote:
> The compiler I built a few years back was optimized for pentium4; it
> wouldn't accept the -mavx2 option.  That's why I had to hack libvpx to
> disable avx completely.

AVX2 is a "relatively" modern instruction set, only available in GCC since
2011 (released in 2012, GCC 4.7). Are you sure the libvpx buildsystem couldn't
cope with the absence of this option?

In any case, if your compiler doesn't accept -mavx2, then it's older than GCC
4.7 and is therefore not supported with Qt 5.7 and up. Upgrade.