[Development] QQmlAbstractUrlInterceptor

Mitch Curtis mitch.curtis at qt.io
Fri Jan 5 15:06:58 CET 2018

While looking into https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-65444, I noticed that QQmlAbstractUrlInterceptor is a public class with documentation that doesn't really explain how to use it. See my comment here:

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-65444?focusedCommentId=385687&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-385687

Here's an old mailing list thread I found about it:

http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2013-July/011914.html

Why was a public class added that can seemingly only be used with private API? Why did it have to be made public? And why doesn't the documentation actually explain how to use it?