[Development] QtCoap: QNAM-like API or not

Alejandro Exojo alex at vikingsoftware.com
Tue Jan 16 22:49:29 CET 2018

On Sunday 14 January 2018 17:49:48 Adrien LERAVAT wrote:
> In that case, the QCoapReply life is managed with a
> QSharedPointer<QCoapReply> in the request.
>
> QCoapRequest does not inherit from QObject. Anyone sees a problem with this
> approach?

The API sounds interesting, but it's a departure of what we are used in QNAM.
What happened to the idea of using a setter on the manager, for making the
replies self-delete if wanted? (it was mentioned on the QtCS) That had the
advantage that can be added to QNAM as well, so both can end up having a
similar API.

--
Viking Software, Qt and C++ developers for hire
http://www.vikingsoftware.com