[Development] API review request: CBOR Stream reader and writer

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jan 17 22:25:53 CET 2018

Hello

I finished writing the documentation for the two basic classes for CBOR. You
can find them in reviews
https://codereview.qt-project.org/107465
https://codereview.qt-project.org/107466

Please review. I will take a couple more days writing the docs for
QCbor{Value,Map,Array} and then I'll upload that too.

I'm also interested in what I could write as an example. Please send
suggestions.

My current idea is a command-line tool that converts between serialisation
formats:
 * CBOR
 * CBOR diagnostic notation (output only, since I won't write the parser)
 * JSON
 * XML
 * Qt binary JSON
 * Plain QDataStream (output only, since it's not self-describing)
 * QDataStream-serialised QVariant (is self-describing)

Though, because of the conversions, this example is ideal for QCborValue, not
the stream reader and writer.

Another idea is to update the network-chat example to use CBOR instead of its
plaintext protocol. In this one, I could use the stream reader and writer.
This example is a perfect candidate to have a CoAP version in the future too.