[Development] how to include further changes while previous commit is still under review?

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Fri Jan 19 18:40:07 CET 2018

19.01.2018, 01:58, "Samuel Gaist" <samuel.gaist at edeltech.ch>:
>>  On 18 Jan 2018, at 22:42, Daniel Savi <daniel.savi at gaess.ch> wrote:
>>
>>  Hello qt devs
>>
>>  I'm back with another newbie question. I have committed a patch that is still under review on gerrit.
>>
>>  Meanwhile, I've got a local and unrelated patch on the same file, that I would like to commit, too.
>>
>>  Now, how would I include this patch into my local git repo and how would I commit it as a separate patch to the first?
>>
>>  How could I still work on the first patch, once more comments are coming in?
>>
>>  Would I create separate branches?
>>
>>  Sorry for my very basic level of git-foo.

> Hi,
>
> Since the patch is unrelated, use a different topic branch for that one and submit it like the other one.
>
> Depending on the impact of your change, you might want to look at https://git-scm.com/docs/git-worktree and have a separate build for it.

I think it's OK to create it in the same branch with previous one, especially in this case when patches touch same file
and there is a non-zero probability of conflict because of order change.

While patch #2 will have #1 shown in Gerrit as a "dependency", they still can be integrated separately from each other (if #2 does actually apply to the branch without #1).

> Cheers
>
> Samuel
> ,

Regards,