[Development] Qt branches & proposal how to continue with those

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Mon Jan 29 09:06:41 CET 2018

Hmm, I think putting '5.9' in cherry pick mode with this schedule is agreed way of working, see http://code.qt.io/cgit/meta/quips.git/tree/quip-0005.rst
And I don't see big issue there; amount of 5.9 specific fixes should be really minimal and if one really needed we can get that in without putting it first in stable: Cherry pick "mode" is more "way of working" & checks are included in sanity bot. And it can be overwritten if really needed.

br,
Jani