[Development] Qt branches & proposal how to continue with those

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Mon Jan 29 13:27:49 CET 2018

29.01.2018, 11:16, "Simon Hausmann" <simon.hausmann at qt.io>:
> Hi,
>
> I feel that we are generally guiding our users towards the LTS releases. The minor releases appear to address in particular users who need a particular feature before it hits the next LTS release.
>
> In the light of that, I think it would be better to keep the LTS branches open longer and stop doing patch releases for minor releases that are not LTS.

When 5.x.0 is released, there is always a bunch of non-P0 bug fixes in 5.x branch which missed the release because of timing issues.

I propose following workflow:

1) after 5.x.0 is branched, 5.x is kept open and bug fixes go there
2) after 5.x.0 is finally released, 5.x.1 branching starts immediately with usual one-week buffer time
3) after that, 5.x is closed down

> Simon

Regards,
Konstantin