[Development] clang-format

Tor Arne Vestbø Tor.arne.Vestbo at qt.io
Tue Jul 3 14:09:37 CEST 2018

On 3 Jul 2018, at 13:42, Lars Knoll <lars.knoll at qt.io> wrote:

>  To some extent it might introduce new ones, but the idea was to aim for a format file that is very close to our existing rules.

It seems the extent is wider than first outlined. And even if it’s very close to the existing rules, those rules will now be strictly enforced, instead of leaving it up to developers to use common sense. The absolute worst thing about PEP8 e.g. is its strict line length rule, which forces you to awkwardly wrap code in weird places or split lines up into multiple statements, just for the sake of being able to read the code on a 80s terminal.

Tor Arne