[Development] clang-format

Dominik Holland dominik.holland at pelagicore.com
Tue Jul 3 14:12:08 CEST 2018

>> I thought we were going to run it as a fancy style bot, complaining if
>> the code isn't per the format-file, but allowing us to ignore it if we
>> feel the tailored code-formatting is better? Doesn't this mean the bot
>> will complain a lot?
> If there is the need for some human intervention after a bot work, for
> code formatting purposes, this would defeat any productivity goal.

Not necessarily. In one of our previous project we patched the Sanity
Bot to run clang-format over the patch (only the patch, not the complete
files) and provide the complains as bot comment.
You could ignore it, or just copy and paste one command from the comment
and it would fix all the issues in your patch (again only the patch, not
the complete file).

Just pasting a single command doesn't sound like it would defeat any
productivity goal to me.

Dominik