[Development] Raising the minimum Android NDK version

Pendleton, Corey Corey.Pendleton at garmin.com
Fri Jul 6 00:50:14 CEST 2018

FWIW: We were able to build Qt 5.9.3 for Android 8.1 using NDK r16b and clang for both 32 and 64-bit platforms. The main hurdle was getting OpenSSL to build, but they are already making preparations as well, so it was not a terrible effort.

Note: We build a subset of Qt modules, so I don't know about issues in the full repo.

I have also heard from some Qt folks that there may be a plan to update to clang with the latest NDK along with the 5.12 LTS release?

Corey