[Development] Timeout for QFuture::waitForFinished()

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Tue Jul 10 23:22:28 CEST 2018

Il 10/07/2018 22:07, Lorenz Haas ha scritto:
> Hi André,
>
> you are right. My statement was not precise enough: Adding a parameter
> to the existing function would be BiC, adding an overload "void
> QFutureWatcher::waitForFinished(int timeout);" is BC but would be SiC
> because it makes function pointers ambiguous - at least I think so.
> About the latter I am also not sure, if that would be a problem since
> I am not familiar with the exact promises Qt makes about SC.

See QUIP-6 in the quip repository for the rules. (Long story short,
overloads are allowed, unless we're talking about signals, slots or
other functions we are encouraging to take addresses of; this is still
solvable by the user but is really really frowned upon).

HTH,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts