[Development] Upgrade the XCode running in the CI's macOS 10.11

Tor Arne Vestbø Tor.arne.Vestbo at qt.io
Thu Jul 12 00:13:00 CEST 2018

> On 11 Jul 2018, at 18:21, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>
> On Monday, 9 July 2018 07:31:27 PDT Alexandru Croitor wrote:
>> I believe that's something for the macOS maintainers to decide.
>
> Thanks. Any opinions?
>
> The fix for XCode 8.2 broke XCode 9.
>
> Can we PLEASE drop XCode 8.2? Like, right now? I can't integrate the
> performance improvement until that happens.

I would love to drop any Xcode except the latest, but unfortunately our CI isn’t set up to build once (against latest SDK/Xcode) and then run tests on older macOS versions. Removing Xcode 8.2 effectively removes 10.11 testing. Seeing as we’re not building/testing on 10.13 (the latest macOS release), or 10.14 (the upcoming release), that would leave us with 10.12 as the single build/test target for macOS.

Tor Arne