[Development] Coding style: space after comma

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jul 16 17:48:21 CEST 2018

On Tuesday, 3 July 2018 07:37:25 PDT Edward Welbourne wrote:
>   Derived:Derived(Type arg, Mode um, Form ent)
>
>   : Base(arg)
>
>   , mem(um)
>   , ber(ent)
>   {}

There are spaces before these commas, so they don't conform to coding style
now. Newlines are whitespace, so even if you flushed the commas to column 1,
there would still be spaces. That's also why lines can end in commas: you
can't insert a line break there.

As for binary operators, since we usually write "a OP b", either of those
spaces could be a new line. It's just that our style says we should make the
first one contain the line break, not the second.