[Development] Qt 6 buildsystem support requirements

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 01:11:28 CEST 2018

El domingo, 22 de julio de 2018 18:54:14 -03 Kevin Kofler escribió:
> Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Specifically, the problem with TensorFlow is that it wants to download its
> > dependencies when you compile it, then compile them at the same time. That
> > can't work because the build servers don't have internet connectivity.
>
> +1, this is also a hard, non-negotiable requirement in Fedora. Any build
> system that requires downloading dependencies at build time is a complete
> non-starter. The builds would just fail with no way to fix them.

Exactly the same goes for Debian and Ubuntu. And it would not surprise me that
any other derivative out there.

Let me be clear in one thing: if somehow this can be used for Windows instead
of convenience copies but disabled for Linux/builders not wanting auto
download of stuff then we can agree to have this feature.

--
<rata> hmm, el enchufe hace chispas...
<-- rata ha dejado este servidor ("Leaving").

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/