[Development] LLVM and Qt

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jul 30 06:00:30 CEST 2018

On Sunday, 29 July 2018 13:36:43 PDT Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
wrote:
> It would also be pretty nice to know if there is a policy with respect the
> llvm supported version. As they do not keep ABI compatibility distros
> normally are forced to ship from two to three versions. As I understand the
> idea in Debian testing/unstable is to have the latest two always available,
> sometimes three of them. That already created some issues for us with Qt
> Creator, as at some point it required a version which was about to be
> removed.

Same policy for third-party libraries: we work with the latest, unless that
release happened too late in our own release cycle.

But where do we get LLVM from on a Mac? Is it from Apple? If so, we may need
to keep things working with an old, patched version, in addition to the
latest. Or we require an upgrade with Homebrew.