[Development] Did we have to remove cmake's qt5_use_modules?

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Fri Jun 8 17:20:42 CEST 2018

Overall I do think we're on the very conservative side when it comes to removing things. We're still dragging modules along that were deprecated in Qt 5.0 already ... Qt WebKit was somewhat special in that a) it was quite big, and b) it's often used in a security critical setup. But eventually Konstantin volunteered to revive qtwebkit, so I guess it's ok now?

> To maintain source and binary compatibility, deprecated modules should not
> be removed until QT6. I do not even understand why there is a debate about
> this.

Note that the case in question is about deprecated functionality in the build system, not about removing any Qt modules. So the BC guarantee doesn't apply here.

Kai