[Development] QInputMethod woes

Simon Hausmann Simon.Hausmann at qt.io
Wed Jun 13 09:54:50 CEST 2018

Hi,

I would imagine that there is a way for your virtual keyboard to not hide itself if the focus object is transferred to an element of your virtual keyboard itself. That said, I haven't your code, so I can't tell for sure. But my initial guess is that this isn't an inherent design problem of the input method API.

Regarding support for multiple screens I agree that the singleton design is a problem. I don't know of an easy way to work around it and I agree that this sounds like something that is worth fixing (associating input methods with screens). In the event that that requires binary incompatible changes or (more likely) changing the input method API itself - which I would say is rather low level - then that would make it something worth changing together with Qt 6.

Simon