[Development] RFC: unified data model API in QtCore

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Fri Jun 15 08:55:33 CEST 2018

On 2018-06-14 02:08, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> [...]
> For example, the next data model over would be XML. And we are indeed missing
> a DOM structure for it since we deprecated QDomDocument. Can anyone see a data
> structure that works for both JSON/CBOR and generic XML? More importantly, one
> that is worthy of being Qt, with nice, intuitive API?

QDomDocument is, in fact, not deprecated.

As Lars said, XML has more concepts, such as namespace, attributes, ... that
it'd be difficult to fit it in the same API.

I suppose it is fine to keep QDomDocument as a separate class.

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - https://woboq.com - https://code.woboq.org