[Development] Android binary size with Clang

Sérgio Martins sergio.martins at kdab.com
Thu Jun 21 10:38:29 CEST 2018

On 2018-06-21 04:40, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Hello
>
> Yesterday during the PDXCPP Meet Up, I was asked if we had come up with
> a good
> solution to the increase in size of native binaries on Android when
> switching
> from GCC to Clang. I reported I had no idea there was even a problem.
>
> So, what's the status here?

-fno-exceptions was missing and someone discovered -Oz (you actually?),
so it's not so bad now.
Around 10% binary increase instead of 40% IIRC. QtXmlPatterns suffers
much more than 10% for some reason though, so mileage might vary.

As far as qt-project is concerned the status is SOLVED IMHO. Users
should pressure google directly for further improvement.

Regards,
--
Sérgio Martins | sergio.martins at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)