[Development] clang-format

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Fri Jun 22 01:36:46 CEST 2018

On 2018-06-21 16:02, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Thursday, 21 June 2018 04:51:38 PDT Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
>> checkout the change before we run clang-format
>> run clang-format on the changed files
>> push on top of the formatting change
>
> I'd appreciate such a script. As I said, I will dedicate no more than 15
> minutes total for rebasing after such a massive change that deals with
> whitespace only and that includes writing such a script.

I suggest you first rebase on top of the change right before the whitespace
changes and fix all conflicts as you usually do.

Then:

   git rebase -x "git-clang-format HEAD^" -i  <change_with_whitespaces>

On conflicts, use git mergetool and always pick your changes, or even
git checkout --ours

This should probably go quite fast.