[Development] Qt for WebAssembly

Morten Sørvig Morten.Sorvig at qt.io
Mon Mar 12 11:58:09 CET 2018

> On 9 Mar 2018, at 15:53, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
>

> I don't want to steal your thunder, but what is fundamentally different about this approach this time? Why will the results be any different?

Oh, who knows what will happen. But there are indicators that this time
may be different:

   * WebAssembly is a web standard
   * General support for web applications is getting better (e.g. service workers)
   * Canvas-rendering web apps now exist (Google Sheets)
   * Better connectivity makes “large” web apps more feasible.

The project _may_ end up providing limited value to Qt users, but I think
it would be a mistake to conclude so up front,

Morten