[Development] Qt for WebAssembly

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Tue Mar 13 07:39:36 CET 2018

On 13/03/2018, 3.15, "Development on behalf of Jason H" <development-bounces+tuukka.turunen=qt.io at qt-project.org on behalf of jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:

>    Sure. But how much refactoring is Qt going to accept without a commitment to the web agenda? How much prioritization will it be allowed? Will the Qt company
>    support it as a real part of Qt? It's easy   to say patches welcome, when there are none, but when there's a deluge will that love still be there?

Currently this is still research, as I explained in my recent roadmap blog post. But there certainly is a lot of business interest towards this, and we are making good progress technically. Even rather complex and dynamic UIs work decently on a desktop machine. At least with Chrome, unfortunately not all browsers are yet on par with it when it comes to WebAssembly. Assumption is that this improves.

Yours,

	Tuukka