[Development] About our CI update notifications

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Thu Mar 15 13:20:41 CET 2018

On 15/03/2018, 10.33, "Development on behalf of Florian Bruhin" <development-bounces+tuukka.turunen=qt.io at qt-project.org on behalf of me at the-compiler.org> wrote:

    Hi,

    On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 08:26:21AM +0000, Tony Sarajärvi wrote:
    > How does this sound to you recipients of these e-mails? Enough or would this be excess spam to some degree?

    That sounds like useful information to me.

    However, I'm wondering: Would it be possible to display some kind of
    announcement banner on Gerrit instead of (or in addition to) the mails?
    That way, people would get that information right where they need it
    (when using Gerrit or trying to stage a change).

+1

There is good space for it in the footer. Should be quite easy to pull notification info there.

--
Tuukka

    I'm just a somewhat casual contributor though, I don't know how well
    that'd fit people's workflows - just my $0.02 ;-)

    Florian

    --
    https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)