[Development] The CI is down atm

Tony Sarajärvi tony.sarajarvi at qt.io
Sat Mar 17 07:42:30 CET 2018

Ok I brought it up again. Hosts seem to be dying left and right. The current MAAS provided Ubuntu 16.04 LTS seem to have at least 3 different symptoms of how it crashes.

kernel BUG at /build/linux-Fk60NP/linux-4.10.0/include/linux/swapops.h:129!
kernel BUG at /build/linux-Fk60NP/linux-4.10.0/fs/fscache/operation.c:494!
or
kernel BUG at /build/linux-Fk60NP/linux-4.10.0/fs/fscache/operation.c:68!

+ possible memory corruptions on multiple host causing crashes. These are being checked by memtest, but it hasn’t found anything wrong.

So, coin is building again, but more crashes are due. I should swap to 17.04 or 17.10 even though they have their own share of problems. They _might_ have gotten fixed during this period when we went back to 16.04. And as 16.04 went from bad to worse recently, the 17.xx are surely more stable right now.

Fingers crossed!

-Tony

Oh, and capacity is heavily reduced before the crashed servers are deployed back. And a long queue is in already naturally. ☹

We aren’t monitoring 24/7, so please inform at qt.ci at qt.io<mailto:qt.ci at qt.io> if you suspect the CI has crashed. Thank you!