[Development] Please Provide a QSGCircleNode and QSGLineNode

James Maxwell maxwell130631 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 15:28:04 CEST 2018

Hi,

I am developing a plotting library for use in QML and want to do the
backend in c++. I think for many people it would be a good feature if you
would provide something like a QSGCircleNode or a QSGLineNode by default.
Drawing lines with a QSGGeometryNode and GL_LINE_STRIP is not really an
option as anti-aliasing is missing and the line-width is limited to 10
pixels. And if I have to do all of this on my own, then QT does not offer
much of an advantage compared to doing it in OpenGL directly.

If you don't want to spend time on this, already giving the QQuickRectangle
a public c++ api would be a progress as one could also use it to draw
line-segments or circles.

Best regards,
Maxwell